bookmarks: After I hadn’t painted for a long time due to my job, I started to sniff it again about 2 years ago.
What was originally just a gimmick quickly turned out to be a source of inspiration and tools for my painting.
I have summarized some of the bookmarks in a short video that makes it easier and more entertaining for the viewer.
The finished bookmarks look like these examples, but I’m only showing the center here on this page.
Because in my opinion, they are a genre neglected by art. On the other hand, since I have dealt intensively with the art of Chinese seal cutting for many years, I am enthusiastic about the idea of dealing with a lot of content in a small format.
If the first works were more decorative or rather small calligraphies, they gradually became more constructivist, more minimalist.
July 2022 series
about creating bookmarks:
Bookmarks are often seen as practical items, but they can also be used as art objects. There are many ways to create bookmarks that are both beautiful and functional. For example, you can use watercolors, acrylics, or other paints to create a unique design on your bookmark. You can also use collage techniques to create a bookmark that is both visually interesting and informative.
Another way to create a bookmark as an art object is to use found objects. For example, you can use a leaf or a flower to create a bookmark that is both beautiful and unique. You can also use old book pages or other paper to create a bookmark that has a vintage feel.
Bookmarks created with dried flowers or leaves can be a beautiful and unique way to mark your place in a book. Here’s a simple DIY method to create dried flower bookmarks:
- Pick some small flowers and leaves and press them by placing them inside the pages of a thick book for 3-4 days.
- Cut some holder paper or transparency film to the desired size and shape.
Brush a thin layer of glue or Mod Podge onto the paper or film and arrange the dried flowers and leaves on top of it.
- Apply another thin layer of glue or Mod Podge over the flowers and leaves to seal them.
- When dry, laminate the bookmark or cover it with another layer of film.
- Cut the bookmark to size and round the corners with scissors.
- Make a hole in the top of the bookmark and add a ribbon or a tassel.
These gems make beautiful gifts for birthdays, holidays, or just because.